Ratusz Gminy Konstancin-Jeziorna Dwór w Oborach Willa Hugonówka i rzeka Jeziorka Willa Syrena Tężnia solankowa w Parku Zdrojowym

Places of interest

The heafth resort park

Located in the exact centre of the health resort district of the town, it remains a place of choice for strolls among the citizens of Konstancin-Jeziorna and visitors. The main path connects the town’s most important Street (in this part of the town - Piłsudskiego Street) withthe salt graduation tower. The saline emitted from the Julian spring is pumped to a height of 6 metres and is sieved through the blackthorn groundwork of the tower which results in the spraying of the saline into micro droplets. Additionally, inside the facility there are special valve heads located thanks to which the sprayed water forms a light mist facilitating inhalation. The salt graduation tower’s microcliresembles the marine one. Halfway through the main park path two boulders are located. One of them commemorates the 40th anniversary of Konstancin’s existence, and the second, of the signing ofa partnership contract with the Dutch town of Leidschendam-Voorburg. In the vicinity there is a sundial commemorating the centenary anniversary of Konstancin-Jeziorna. In the background one can see the amphitheatre building, a venue for concerts and various cultural events, and on the opposite side of the path a monument in memory of St. John Paul II.

Historic buildings factory Mirków
After moving the paper factory from the Wielkopolska Region to Jeziorna, its owners built a series of surrounding buildings around the previous site of the paper mill, thus creating the industrial district known as Mirków. The old factory and the buildings, built at the end of the 19th century housed workers and civil servants, as well as a school, a preschool, a leisure centre, a launderette and a clinic with a small hospital wing. They all constitute a unique and well-preserved example of industrial architecture. Residential buildings Mirkow was in 2013 entered into the register of monuments.

The Old Paper Factory
Heading towards the centre of Konstancin-Jeziorna from Mirków, one passes the buildings of the old paper factory which, after being damaged by numerous fires, has been rebuilt and converted into a popular shopping centre.

Palace in Obory
Located within just 1,5 kilometres of Konstancin-Jeziorna, Obory is the cradle of the health resort. It was the division of the Potulicki family Obory Estate into plots by Count Skórzewski which gave birth to the health resort. New villas were erected using bricks, coming from the Obory brickyard. The old domicile of the Potulicki family in Obory is a well-preserved example of manor house architecture. The interiors are not open to the general public due to the fact that the Manor House belongs to the Bolesiaw Prus Association of Literature. 

The Old Paper Factory
Heading towards the centre of Konstancin-Jeziorna from Mirków, one passes the buildings of the old paper factory which, after being damaged by numerous fires, has been rebuilt and converted into a popular shopping centre.

Surroundings of the salt graduation tower and the park

It is well worth strolling along the historic villas trail which can begin in Sienkiewicza street, an extension of the main park path.

Szwajcarka villa (5 Sienkiewicza Street) - one of the first Konstancin boarding houses built resem bling a chalet resort in the Alps, originally surrounded by wooden balconies, unfortunately currently non existent, and fitted with small windows providing the building with a coolness in the interior.

Natemi villa (7 Sienkiewicza Street) - built around 1905, designed by Józef Pius Dziekoński in neo-clas
sicist style. Its name originates from the first names of its owners: Natalia and Emil Landsberg.

Moja villa (9 Sienkiewicza Street) - this eclectic structure with a dominating tower bearing the owners’ coats of arms was erected around 1901 according to Bronistaw Czosnowski design for the entrepreneur Stefan Laurysiewicz.

Leliwa villa (13 Sienkiewicza street) - one of the most renowned sites in pre-war Konstancin and a splendid example of neoclassicism. The house was built by the Hutten-Czapski family and included
a deluxe boarding house, a branch of the famous luxurious Warsaw Bristol hotel. Among its guests
were Ignacy Paderewski, Jan Kiepura, and Antoni Stonimski.

Świt villa (4 Zeromskiego Street and the corner of Sienkiewicza street) - the house itself does not stand out in any way. It was designed in accor dance with the sparing English style around 1917 by
Zdzistaw Jasiñski. In 1920 it was bought by the Polish writer Stefan eromski and this is the source of the house’s fame. “Przedwionie’ “Wiatr od morza’ and “Na probostwie w Wyszkowie’ all these classics of Polish literature, were written here by the author.

The water tower (7 Zeromskiego Street and the end of Sienkiewicza Street) - designed in 1898 by Edward Lilpop a neo-gothic structure whose aim was to supply the budding summer resort with water is one of the oldest buildings in Konstancin.